While we are finishing up Chapter 7, here is a preview of the upcoming math content in Chapter 8 Equations and Inequalities. Basically, in Chapter 8, students will be expected to write and solve a variety of equations and inequalities… regardless of the “messiness” of the numbers involved. The equations will start off being solvable in a single step but will advance rather quickly, culminating in multi-step situations that will involve like terms, distributive property, and a variable on both sides of the equation or inequality.
Chapter 8 Plan of Action:
- Lesson 8-1: Solving Equations with Rational Coefficients
- Inquiry Lab 8-1a: Two-Step Equations
- Lesson 8-2: Solving Two-Step Equations
- Lesson 8-3: Writing Equations
- Inquiry Lab 8-3a: More Two-Step Equations
- Lesson 8-4: More Two-Step Equations
- Inquiry Lab 8-4a: Solving Equations with Variables on Each Side
- Lesson 8-5: Solving Equations with Variables on Each Side
- Lesson 8-6: Inequalities
- Lesson 8-7: Solving Inequalities
- Lesson 8-8: Solving Multi-Step Equations and Inequalities
As always, all notes, homework, and selected answers are available on Google Classroom. Keep up with your work!