Angell Receives December Arrangement of the Month

By: Lily Biggs, Contributing Writer

Dr. Matt Smith, CHS principal, awarded Mrs. Jill Angell the December Arrangement of the Month. Angell teaches freshman Health and Real World Seminar at the high school and coaches 7th & 8th grade softball at the middle school.

Angell has been a part of the Centralia School District for over 20 years and has contributed in numerous ways to the school system. In December 2018, for example, she organized and cooked for the hospitality room at the Centralia Invitational Basketball Tournament. This is an annual tradition for Angell.  

Angell excels both in and out of the classroom. Smith, CHS principal, noted that she goes out of her way in many areas. “Mrs. Angell is our district department head for PE/Health, serves as a member of our district Professional Development Committee, chairs our Cradle to Career Freshman Social Committee and coaches middle school softball,” said Smith. Angell continues to give back to the children of the community in as many ways as possible to help the students thrive.

Angell’s love for the students never fails to show. All students can expect a welcoming “Good Morning!” as they walk into the building. Angell added, “I love my job. I enjoy the kids and want to give them the best education I possibly can. I also appreciate the support I get from the administration and the parents.”

0 replies