Campbell Chosen CHS December Student of the Month

By: Hannah Pendergrast, Contributing Writer

Kallie Campbell, a freshman at Centralia High School, was selected Student of the Month for December. Jim Newsted, CHS football and track coach, nominated her for the honor.  

Campbell is involved in Polar Panthers, cheerleading and church. Her mom is Kassie Campbell, and she has a dog named Stuart. Campbell’s hobbies include hanging out with her friends and being the Centralia Panther mascot.

Newsted selected Kallie for Student of the Month due to her hard work and dedication. He commented, “At Homecoming this year, Kallie really worked hard at her duties as the Panther mascot. The suit is very hot and can be hard to work in. I appreciate her efforts to raise school spirit.”

Campbell takes the position of the Centralia Panther mascot very seriously, and, to fulfill this position, she even had some training. “I went to mascot camp. I enjoy what I do. Sometimes the suit is hot, but I enjoy it. I like the themes for the games, especially [the] Hawaiian theme.”

When it comes to school, Campbell enjoys Health class most of all. “I love that class because I love doing health articles, and Mrs. Angell is awesome,” she said. Campbell also likes Ag Science class and enjoys working with Ms. Schemmer.

0 replies