Dimmitt Receives CHS Arrangement of the Month for March

By: Lily Biggs, Contributing Writer

Mrs. Tonya Dimmitt, CHS counselor, received the March Arrangement of the Month recognition. Dr. Matt Smith, CHS principal, honored Dimmitt with the arrangement after senior Decision Day on April 4, 2019, to immediately recognize her hard work and planning for that event.

As the school year begins to wrap up, Dimmitt works extra hard to prepare the seniors for their last days at CHS. Dr. Smith said Dimmitt “plays a critical and invaluable role in the lives of all our graduating students. Her expertise in, and passion for, mentoring students through the processes of pursuing postsecondary opportunities is tremendously impactful.” In the last month in particular, Dimmitt put a great amount of time and effort into making Decision Day possible for the seniors.

Decision Day started last year. It will continue to be an annual event where CHS seniors get to sign letters of intent with their future potential colleges or places of postsecondary education in front of the school to recognize their achievements. The counseling team worked hard to make it possible for all the seniors to get recognized for their achievement.

Dimmitt felt honored to receive this award and to be recognized for her hard work. Even with the stress of the final quarter on her back, Dimmitt is inspired by her students. “Everything I do is for them. I especially love creating opportunities for them to explore future career options. Finding your ‘path’ is so important to high school success, so the sooner students can find it, the better.”

Dimmitt said her motivation is “Centralia High School: the staff/administration, the community, and, mostly, the students. Every day there is a moment in my job where a student touches my heart, and I know I am doing exactly what I was meant to do!”

0 replies