Brandow Chosen CHS November Student of the Month

By: Megan Marcum, Contributing Writer

Dr. Matt Smith, CHS principal, named Tanner Brandow as November’s CHS Student of the Month. Brandow, a senior, is the son of Chris and Jennifer Brandow. He is involved in National Honor Society (NHS) and Future Farmers of America (FFA). Brandow is also a member of the golf team. 

Tanner Brandow and Coach Ben Sontheimer

Brandow’s favorite classes include Lifetime, Pre-Calculus and Food Science. He said, “I like Lifetime because I get to burn off some energy. Pre-Cal is one of my favorites because math is my favorite subject. I like Food Science because I learn how to make food.” 

Coach Ben Sontheimer nominated Brandow because he is a very hardworking individual. Sontheimer said, “He is also unselfish and very considerate of others. He is very competitive but also keeps the competition in perspective as he encourages every student to participate regardless of their ability.” According to Sontheimer, Brandow is always focused in class and is always trying his best.

Dr. Smith is appreciative of the work Brandow did this fall for the girls’ golf team. He said that Brandow, “who is an outstanding golfer, volunteered his time this fall to serve as the girls’ golf team manager at CHS. He was a great contributor to not only doing managerial tasks, but also using his expertise to help coach/support our players.”

After high school, Brandow plans on going to college and playing golf. He is still undecided on a major at this time.  

0 replies