Classroom Spotlight: PE with Shayla Cox

Classroom Spotlight: PE with Shayla Cox

Ms. Cox is teaching her 1st year at Chance and also splits her time by teaching in the morning at CIS.
“My favorite part about being a PE teacher is building relationships with the kiddos as I continually watch all aspects of their health grow!”

“We have been working on sportsmanship a lot in one class in particular. Their encouragement to each other continues to shine through each and every day. They stick up for each other and cheer on their classmates during activities. They are my pilot class and it is definitely something I will start to implement more into other classes. I love sportsmanship and what it teaches kids about the physical, mental and emotional demands of activity. I think it is an aspect of life that is imperative for these young students to learn!”

“I love the people and the students at Chance! I have worked in multiple districts and when the teachers work hard for each other and everyone pitches in, the moral and the spirit of the school makes it an enjoyable place to work!”

“Building relationships with the students has been my favorite part of this year. That is such a vital part of our job, and when I am able to make connections and relate to students and things they enjoy, it makes my heart happy!”
0 replies