Darin R. Ford has an undergraduate degree from University of Central Missouri (UMC) a Masters from the University of Missouri-Columbia and an Educational Specialist degree from UMC. He and his wife Donna have two sons.
School Organization and General School Policies
Telephones: Students are to make available the school phone number of (573)682-5532, to those people who may need to contact them during school hours. The use of cell phones is prohibited except during the lunch period.
Visitors: Parents and patrons are always welcome at Champion Academy. However, the Board of Education and the administrations will not tolerate anyone’s presence that disturbs classes or school activities or hinders the instructional process.
Care of School Property: Students are expected to take care of all school equipment. Any equipment damaged or ruined due to the student abuse or vandalism will be repaired or replaced at the student’s expense.
Sexual Harassment: See Board policies AC and AC-R or CHS Student Planner.
Student Conduct Expectations: See CHS Student Planner.
Chain of Command: The procedure for student/parents/guardians to register complaints and/or discuss pertinent school issues shall follow the chain of command in the following order: Champion Academy staff member, Director of Champion Academy, Centralia R-VI Superintendent and Centralia R-VI School Board.
Withdrawal from Champion Academy:
The following procedures should be followed when withdrawing from school:
- The student should notify the Director of Champion Academy of his or her intent to withdraw from school.
- The student should return all books and equipment owned by the school.
- The student should pay all fees, fines, or dues outstanding against him/her.
- If a student withdraws from Champion Academy and remains within the community, re-enrollment is not possible.
Academic Integrity: Academic honesty, integrity, and ethical conduct are valued highly and promoted at all times at Champion Academy. Cheating on any educational exercise not only reflects dishonesty on the part of the offender but also diminishes the value of the work done by his/her classmates. Therefore, cheating on tests, quizzes, homework, special projects, and student recitations will result in a 0 for all parties involved. There will be no chance to recover that assignment.
The dress code will be as follows:
- Neatness, cleanliness, and modesty will be expected during the regular school hours and at all scheduled extra-curricular activities.
- The torso of students shall be clothed at all times.
- Suggestive or offensive clothing will not be allowed. This will include: underclothes worn as outer clothes, short waist shirts, bicycle shorts, short shorts, pants with cuts, tears above the knee and excessively torn clothing will not be allowed.
- Clothing may not advertise or suggest the use of alcohol, tobacco, or drug products or have inappropriate language or suggest anything of a sexually explicit nature.
- Special dress may be required for participation in Service Learning or other similar activities.
Student Parking: A parking lot is now available for Champion Academy students, the parking lot is located in the rear of the building. If it is necessary to park along either Rodemyre or Walnut street, attention should be given to all laws governing appropriate parking on public streets.
The following is a rating scale which will be used for the assignment of grades:
|A 95-100||C 73-76|
|A- 90-94||C- 70-72|
|B+ 87-89||D+ 67-69|
|B 83-86||D 63-66|
|B- 80-82||D- 60-62|
|C+ 77-79||F Below 60|
Progress Reports: Thorough progress reports will be sent home frequently. There will be additional grade reports whenever credit is earned. Parents may request progress reports at any time.
Discipline Policy and Procedures: The discipline policy and procedure adopted by the Centralia R-VI Board of Education will apply to the students of Champion Academy. This includes but is not limited to the Safe Schools Act and the Sexual Harassment policy and procedures.
The Academy staff has the authority to dismiss a student from the academy for part or all of the school day due to inappropriate behavior. This will prevent the student from earning time or credit for the affected day or days.
Emergency School Closing:
If it becomes necessary to cancel due to weather conditions, it will be reported in the following ways:
- School Reach message from the Superintendent
- Announcement carried by local radio and television stations
- Announcement on http://www.centralia.k12.mo.us/ website
If a parent has questions concerning early dismissal from Champion Academy, school personnel may be contacted at (573) 682-5532 .
Counselors: One high school counselor will also serve as the counselor for Champion Academy. Additional counselors will be utilized on an as needed basis.
Library: Champion Academy has full access to the Centralia High School and the Centralia Public Library.
Co- Curricular and Extra- Curricular Citizenship Activities: Students of Champion Academy may be allowed to participate in extra-curricular activities available at Centralia High School on an individual basis. Participation will be addressed as a student indicates in participation.
All students participating in said activities will do so under the provisions and guidelines of the high school policies and MSHAA (Missouri State High School Activities Association).
Student Insurance: Champion Academy students are eligible to purchase student insurance offered by Centralia R-VI School District. Forms are available at Centralia High School or the Board of Education building.