Centralia High School first recognized outstanding academic performance with an Academic Letter in 1991. Student's academic excellence has been recognized every year since 1991.
Criteria to receive an Academic Letter
* The student must have attendance at or above 95%
* The student must be on the 'A' or 'B' honor roll at least 3 of 4 quarters
* The student must score at or above the 85th percentile on a state or nationally normed achievement test given at their grade level that year. (see below)
* The student must not have any serious discipline referrals during that year.
* The above criteria must be met during the previous year while attending CHS.
First year recipients are presented with a chenille "C". In subsequent years, recipients receive gold bars to display on their letter. If a student earns an academic letter in each of their four years at Centralia High School, they are presented with a plaque to acknowledge their exceptional effort and accomplishment.
**The following Standardized Tests may be used in determining eligibility:
Sophomore: PLAN and PSAT
Junior: PSAT and ACT